Effective Date: January 1, 2020
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Registration, account, and sign-up information. We may collect Information in the course of your use of, or registration with, our Sites. For example, when you create an account, register for or download an application, or sign-up for a product or service, you may provide us with certain personal information. This type of personal information may include: name, phone number, postal address, fax number, email address, or certain payment information (e.g., credit card and billing information). We may also receive Information about your interest in and use of various products, programs, services, and content available on or through our Sites.
- Other information you provide to us. On some Sites, you may share other information about yourself by, for example, publishing and sharing the information with the Site’s website or in the Site’s community. Sometimes you may also choose to provide more sensitive forms of personal information to us, such as information regarding your physical or mental health, biometric data, race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, or trade union membership. For example, we may collect this type of sensitive information if you participate in surveys, focus groups, or opportunities to test new products, programs, or services. We collect this sensitive information with your consent, if required by law, and we take special steps to protect and limit any use of it to the purposes for which it is provided.
- Information from others inviting friends. On some of our Sites, we may collect Information other people submit about you. For example, a friend might submit Information to invite you to participate in an offering, make recommendations, or share content. By processing these requests, we may receive your Information, including a recipient’s name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or information about your interest in and use of various products, programs, services, and content. Some of our Sites also allow users to invite friends to participate in activities by providing their friends’ contact details or importing contacts from your address book or from other sites.
- Location information. We may have access to certain Information about your location, such as your country or address, when you provide it or via device information (such as an IP address). If you access our Sites on your mobile device, we may collect Information about your device’s precise location.
- Camera access. For some Sites, we will ask for permission to access your device’s camera. If you grant permission, you may be able to take pictures or video within the app experience or to access certain augmented reality (“AR”) features. Some of these features may rely on camera systems to track movements of your eyes and other facial features or your immediate surroundings to apply AR effects. Information gathered from facial scanning technology, e.g. TrueDepth API, is only used to make these services and features available to you and is only persistent on the device during use of the AR features. Facial data is not stored on our systems nor shared with any third party.
- Video viewing information. For some Sites, we collect information about the films, TV shows and URLs that you view.
- Technical and usage information. We also collect certain technical and usage information when you use our Sites, such as the type of device, browser, and operating system you are using, your Internet service provider or mobile carrier, unique device identifier, IDFA or IDFV, MAC address, IP address, device and browser settings, the webpages and mobile apps you use, advertisements you see and interact with, and certain Site usage information. See our Cookies and Other Technical Information section for more information on how we may use these technologies to collect this Information.
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
We use Information for the purposes described in this policy or disclosed at the time of collection or with your consent.
- Providing and marketing products and services. We use the Information we collect about you through our Sites to fulfill your requests for, and otherwise provide or analyze your use of our products, programs, services and content, to facilitate sharing and other interactions with Social Media Sites, and to provide, develop, maintain, personalize, protect, and improve your experience and our offerings. For example, we use Information collected on our Sites to enable you to do things like (i) watch trailers, movies, programs, and video clips, (ii) get entertainment news and updates, (iii) get information about our products, services, and content, (iv) locate and access personalized information or functionality based on your location (e.g., find stores, theaters, or show times), (v) buy digital content or movie tickets, (vi) play games, (vii) engage with interactive features, activities, and Social Media Sites, (viii) read and post comments, content, and reviews, or (ix) enter promotions, contests, and sweepstakes. We may also use Information to offer, market, and advertise products, programs, and services from us and our affiliates, business partners, and select third parties that we believe may be of interest to you
- Communicating with you and others. We use Information about you to communicate with you, such as (i) to notify you when you win one of our contests or sweepstakes or when we make changes to our policies or user agreements, (ii) to respond to your inquiries, (iii) to communicate with you about your purchases or transactions, (iv) to contact you about your account, or (v) to send you information about promotions, offerings, and Site features. You may also choose to receive push notifications from us on your mobile device. If you choose to submit content for publication online or in other forums, we may publish your screen name and other Information you have provided to us on our Sites, the Internet, or elsewhere. We use Information that you provide about others to enable us to send them invitations, promotions, or other content on your behalf or through our Sites. From time to time, we also may use this Information to offer, market, or advertise products, programs, or services to them from us and our affiliates, and business partners.
- Use of technical and usage information. We use technical and usage information to improve the design, functionality and content of our Sites and to enable us to personalize your experience with our Sites and offerings. We use this Information (i) to provide, develop, maintain, personalize, protect, and improve our Sites, products, programs, and services and to operate our business, (ii) to perform analytics, including to analyze and report on usage and performance of our Sites, (iii) to protect against, identify, and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, (iv) to create aggregate data about groups or categories of our users, and (iv) for us and our affiliates, business partners, and select third parties to target, offer, market, or advertise products, programs, or services.
- INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We may share and disclose Information in the following ways or for any other purpose disclosed at the time of collection:
- With your consent. We may disclose Information when you provide us with your consent to do so.
- Change of control. We may transfer Information in the event of a business transaction, such as if we or one of our business units or our relevant assets are acquired by, sold to, or merged with another company or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or a business reorganization.
- Service providers. Our agents and contractors may have access to Information to help carry out the services they are performing for us, such as, but not limited to, creation, maintenance, hosting, and delivery of our Sites, products, and services, conduct marketing, handle payments, email and order fulfillment, administer contests, conduct research and analytics, or customer service.
- Affiliates. We may disclose Information to affiliates. For example, we may share Information we collect with our affiliates to provide, improve, offer, market, and otherwise communicate with you about their own products and services. Our products and services may be developed, managed, marketed and sold by a variety of our affiliates. Public recognition may derive from, for example, use of common branding elements, advertising, press, social media reports or other public form of notice. We require the affiliate to protect the Information consistent with this Policy.
- Linked sites. Some of our Sites contain links to other sites, including Social Media sites, whose information practices may be different from ours. Information you submit to other sites will be governed by the other sites’ privacy policies and terms.
- Advertising networks. We may share certain information with parties to provide advertising to you based on your interests. For more information, please see Ad Choices below.
- YOUR CHOICES AND CONTROLS
- Marketing communications and sharing with third parties. We provide you with an opportunity to express your preferences with respect to receiving certain marketing communications from us, and our sharing of personal information with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you ever decide in the future that you would like to update these preferences, you may (i) log in to an account you have created with us at one of our Sites to adjust your settings, or (ii) send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To opt out of receiving our email marketing communications, you can also follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in any marketing email you receive from us. If you previously chose to receive push notifications on your mobile device from us, but no longer wish to receive them, you can manage your preferences through your device or app settings, depending on the type of device.
- Precise location information. To disable the collection of precise location information from your mobile device through our mobile apps, you can access your mobile device settings and choose to limit that collection.See also Cookies and Other Technical Information for more choices about managing other technical and usage information.
- COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNICAL INFORMATION Cookies and other technologies. We, and our affiliates, vendors, and business partners may send “cookies” to your computer or use similar technologies to understand and enhance your online experience at our Sites and through our advertising and media across the Internet and mobile apps.Cookies are small text files placed in your browser. We may also use pixels or “web beacons” that monitor your use of our Sites. Web beacons are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a web-page for the purpose of transferring data, such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the web beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the web beacon appears, the time the page containing the web beacon was viewed, the type of browser that fetched the web beacon, and the identification number of any cookie on the computer previously placed by that server. We may also integrate “Software Development Kits” (“SDKs”) into our applications to perform similar functions as cookies and web beacons. For example, SDKs may collect technical and usage information such as mobile device identifiers and your interactions with the Site and other mobile apps.
Managing cookies and other technologies. Cookies can either be persistent (i.e., they remain on your computer until you delete them) or temporary (i.e., they last only until you close your browser). Check your browser settings to learn how to delete cookies.
You may adjust your browser to reject cookies from us or from any other website. Controlling cookies via browser controls may not limit our use of other technologies. Please consult your browser’s settings for more information. However, blocking cookies or similar technology might prevent you from accessing some of our content or Site features.
Some of our Sites may use locally stored objects (“LSOs”) to provide certain content, such as video on demand, video clips, or animation, and a better user experience. Adobe’s Flash player and similar applications use this technology to remember settings, preferences, and usage similar to browser cookies. Flash cookies are not managed through your web browser, but you can access your Flash management tools from Adobe’s web site. Your browser may also offer other tools to delete or reject other LSOs; please check your browser’s settings or help menu for more information.
Some of our sites may use Google Analytics to analyze traffic. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage. To opt-out of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Sites, you can download and install the Browser Plugin available via this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
We do not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
See the Your Choices section to learn how to control data collection for certain purposes.
- INFORMATION SECURITY We have put in place reasonable controls designed to help safeguard the personal information we collect via the Sites. However, no security measures are perfect, and we cannot assure you that personal information that we collect will never be accessed or used in in an unauthorized way.
- DO NOT TRACK NOTICE We do not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals and similar signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.